meta data for this page
.NET Code Camp 2010
Imagine Cup Submission Deadline for software design (Finland Local Competetion) : 8.3.2010 .
Please Add Jari Porras as your mentor while creating your Imagine Cup group and submitting your entry .
Please submit your entry through this link: http://imaginecup.com/FI/SD.aspx [This link is in Finnish and if you have any problems with Finnish language in this page, please contact Tommi Kallonen (email@example.com)]. Hopefully every group submits their entry before 7th March 2010 .
Please submit your 1 page brochure and 5 page report in pdf file format .
Final Report and Poster Submission Deadline: 1st March 2010 07:59 Feedback Day: 11th February 2010
Report Submission Deadline(LUT): 11 February 2010 (Recommended 10th February 2010) .
Code Camp Week: Week 4 Monday 25.1 - Friday 29.1 2010
.NET Basics: Friday 22.1.2010
Microsoft Technology Tour: Monday 18.1.2010
CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering (4 cr)
News & Notes
- Imagine Cup Submission Deadline for software design (Finland Local Competetion) : 8.3.2010
- Please Add Jari Porras as your mentor while creating your Imagine Cup group and submitting your entry
- Please submit your entry through this link: http://imaginecup.com/FI/SD.aspx [This link is in Finnish and if you have any problems with Finnish language in this page, please contact Tommi Kallonen (firstname.lastname@example.org)]. Hopefully every group submits their entry before 7th March 2010
- Please submit your 1 page brochure and 5 page report in pdf file format
- Deadline for Final report and poster submission: 1st March 2010 07:59
- Please return the final report and poster in pdf file format to email email@example.com by 1st March 2010 07:59. Please do not upload it to wiki.
- Please check for the course wiki after 1st March for further imagine cup guidelines.
- Please do not forget to upload your code files(zip) into the wiki under your group pages.
- Feedback Day: 11th February 2010 - Please get your time(30 mins) reserved on the wiki for the feedback day here
- Report Submission Deadline(LUT): 11 February 2010 (Recommended 10th February 2010)
- Friday 11.2.2010, a 5 page Software description and 1 page brochure for code camp result and for feedback for the imagine cup . Put your documents into group wiki area, if you can put your documents into wiki at 10.2.2010 it would be better for us to study it prior and prepare the feedback for each group. Else bring it along with you during the feedback. Please send the email conformation at firstname.lastname@example.org after putting your report on the wiki.
- lappeenranta feedback arrangements
- Registrations to the course CANNOT be done through weboodi so you can register in auditorium/classroom itself on the event days or through NOPPA.
- Enroll Through Noppa: https://noppa.lut.fi/noppa/opintojakso/ct30a9300/etusivu
- The Registration link is available under Course Registration or
- Use the following link to register to the course events.
- Please DO NOT FORGET to register yourself to the microsoft tour through Microsofts web page.
- For Idea Day i.e. Microsoft Technology Tour day (18.01.2010) you should register through http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032438114&Culture=fi-FI
- Code complete and demo instructions.
Idea Day/ Microsoft Technology Tour
Location Student Union Auditorium
- Start time on Monday 18.1.2010 at 8:00
|08:15||Opportunities for educational institutions, teachers and students|
|10:00||Overview of the business operated tools and techniques to user interface design and application development.|
|12:45||Technology Trends and Future. - Desktop and Web Programming (wpf, silverlight, LINQ, asp.net, cloud computing, maps and much more).|
|14:45||Technology Review continues…|
.NET Basics Day
Location : LUT ML6428
- Start time : Friday 22.1.2010 at 8:15
|08:45||.NET Tutorial starts from Expert Tuomo Ketomäki|
Tuomo Ketomäki's Content (22.01.2010)
|Master Pages and navigation||Master Pages and Navigation(pdf)|
|User Controls||User Controls(pdf)|
|Data binding and LINQ to SQL||Data binding and LINQ to SQL (pdf)|
|Web Services||Web Services(pdf)|
Code Camp Week
Location 6428 Windows Classroom
- Start time on Monday 25.1.2010 at 10:15
|10:15||Intro & Idea Brainstorming||Coding||Coding||Coding||Code complete|
|13:00||Idea Complete & Design (Wiki Ready)||Coding||Coding||Coding||Demo|
|14:15||Short Idea Presentation & Feedback||Coding||Coding||Coding||Closing|
|18:00||Beach Sauna, Drinks & Snacks||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|02:00||Coding||Coding||Deadline style Coding||Feedback|
- yet to come…………
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3||Name 4|
|grp1||K.I.D. (killing illness dangers||JING WU||Alexander Golovlev||Abrar Sohail||NN|
|grp2||ReadyEdu||Md.Azad||Sumsunnahar Sheuly||Anastasia Kang'ongole||Pradeep Bolleddula|
|grp3 - WINNER||MALT||Parkkila Janne||Maglyas Andrey||Tattari Johannes||Malevich Rostislav|
|grp4||AgriCoord||Harri Johansson||Antti Knutas||Jifeng Xing||Aoke Li|
|grp5||Hope||Vadim Matveev||Tommi Kähkönen||Waheed Niaz||Bandana Karki|
|grp6||ABC Pictionary||Juho Kuokka||Olli Pikarinen||Miika Puroharju|
|grp7||Make Us Survive||Lampinen||Ahmadi||Nokso||Abdullah|
|grp8||CMC: Care of Mother & Child||Manish Thapa||Madan Kadariya||Gobinda Kandel||NN|
|grp9||LH: Let Us Help!||Kamal Panthi||Helvi Nyerwanire||Santosh Kalwar||Deepak Man Shrestha|
|grp10||Wizard of Oz||Bishal Raj Karki||Tommi Kallonen||Were Oyomno||Jari Porras|
|tut1||GPD||Jani Santanen||Kai-Mikael Alanne||Tuomas Melin||Olli Rantanen|
|tut2||Globaid||Jani Metsä||Eero Salonen||Juha Simola||Juha-Pekka Sarin|
|tut4||CREAM||Ilkka Auer||Mikko Pohja||Timo Salokas||NN|
|tut5||RiceGrinders||Lasse Mankinen||Heikki Hautala||Kari Bragge||NN|
MS SQL Server 2008 (Database)
MS SQL Server 2008 (Network Server) is running on LH7100074
- If any group wish to use this database server remotely just ask, i will create a username, password and database for you.
- Please dont use MS Access as your back end.
- If you want to use the mssql which is available within visual studio, that is also OK.
- You are always welcome to try mysql.
Discuss coding etc. problems
- IRC : irc.freenode.net
- Forums ⇒ will be there soon!!
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 40%
- Demonstration: 15%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
If you have questions about code camp send email to email@example.com.
Some basic Tutorials links: . C#.net:
- Link1: Visual C# .NET Programming
- Link2: C# Language Syntax
- Link3: Data types in C#
- Link4: Property in C# class
- Link7: C# Guided Tour
- Link1: ASP.NET tutorials
- Link3: ASP.NET Tutorial This is quite good but the backend script language used is VB. still you can get idea for c# as well..not much difference.
- Link6: ScottGu's Blog
- Link1: Ajax tutorials
Windows Mobile Programming:
- Link1: CSS Quick Tutorial
- Link2: CSS Structure and Rules
- Link3: CSS Properties
- Link4: Linking Style Sheets to HTML
- Link5: Displaying XML with CSS
- MS SQL:
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Enroll to course CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering in Noppa or http://www.webropol.com/P.aspx?id=391868&cid=10056453