meta data for this page
Maemo Code Camp 2010
Thursday 19.8.2010 - Friday 20.8.2010.
Lappeenranta university of Technology course Summer School on Communications Engineering (2 ECTS credits) will be offered for students attending the summer school. Passing the course requires active participation on the Summer School and the Code Camp. Active participation means:
- returned programming assignment at Code Camp (at group's wiki page)
- half-page report of each presentation of the Summer School and workshop
The work done in the code camp will be evaluated after the code camp. All reports on the presentations must be returned to prof. Jari Porras (@lut.fi) no later than one week after the event, August 27th. Code Camp is aimed mainly at students interested in software development. The Camp begins on Thursday evening and lasts for the following 20+ hours. It includes 20+ hours of intensive programming. Each student must sign up for the course in order to get the credits. This is done preferably during Wednesday morning at the registration desk at the student union house lobby.
The best work done during the code camp (based on application, idea or implementation) will be awarded. The “Codecamp spirit” will play a role in award selection also. Code camp spirit is about sharing knowledge between participants, preferring common good to own benefit.
Read this before codecamp: Getting started! (information about the environment to be used)
We have selected IT in construction as the theme of the code camp. Applications handling this themes will be encouraged and will get a special status when deciding success of an application.
Nokia N900 and Maemo application development platform has been selected as the programming environment. Maemo is a development platform to create applications for the Nokia Internet Tablet models, phones and other Maemo compliant handheld devices.
- The codecamp has ended.Group 8 - MOCOP has been selected as the best group of the codecamp.
What is Maemo
Maemo is a software platform that is mostly based on open source code and powers mobile devices such as the Nokia N900 Internet Tablet. Maemo platform has been developed by Nokia in collaboration with many open source projects such as the Linux kernel , Debian , GNOME , and many more. http://maemo.org/maemo.org
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
- Work is done in 3 - 4 person groups. Create your own subpage here where you present your idea and return your application.
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3||Name 4|
|grp1||Team Null Pointer Exception||Mikko Kaistinen||Oskar Sonninen||Anssi Salo|
|grp2||Alarm Zones||Fedotova Anastasia||Bukharin Artem||Selezneva Olga||Sotnikova Margarita|
|grp3||Ageometer||Ananta Bhadra Lamichhane||Nana Assyne||Pankaj Jaiswal|
|grp4||INFO-PIC||fatemeh ahmadi zeleti||bandana karki||Tuomas Kuitunen|
|grp5||Machine Explorer||Andrey Khitryy||Victor Pecherskiy||Anastasia Kotko||Alena Shishkova|
|grp6||Shake it||Radim Svoboda||Liao Ding||Aiguokhian Efosa|
|grp7||CMS||Evgeni Kovalev||Alexey Denissov||Pavel Osipov|
|grp8||MOCOP||Fawad Ahmad||Zahir ul Din Babur||Sita Pun|
|grp9||Warehouse Management||Barun Khanal||Nina Korjus||Natalia Tetervova||Tatiana Belyaeva|
|grp10||Ksenia Dobretsova||Nadezda Prokopovich||Mikhail Elkin|
|grp11||QtConstruction||Marko Suhonen||Jukka-Pekka Stranden|
|grp12||DrawingViewer||Marko Ihonen||Antti Knutas||Harri Hämäläinen|
Questions and answers
Problem - can't run application on device, says libhildonmm not found.
- Solution install libhildonmm on device. Connect to it with ssh (ssh firstname.lastname@example.org.XXX), do
apt-get install libhildonmm
Problem - gstreamer header files not found.
- Solution:(see this link) http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-42943.html last post.
- Heres the sample solution for projects done in c (For other doing with c++ replace CFLAGS with CXXFLAGS )
- Step 1: Include this below entry to the configure.ac file inside your project in ESbox
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GSTREAMER, gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10 gstreamer-interfaces-0.10 >= 0.10) AC_SUBST(GSTREAMER_CFLAGS) AC_SUBST(GSTREAMER_LIBS)
- Step 2: Edit the Makefile.am to add the GSTREAMER_LIBS and GSTREAMER_CFLAGS correctly
# LDADD yourprojectname_LDADD = \ $(GSTREAMER_LIBS) $(other_LIBS.....) # Includes INCLUDES = $(GSTREAMER_CFLAGS) $(other_CFLAGS.....)
Returning the assignment
- Returning the assignment happens through wiki
- Document your work at your group's wiki-page. Explain the idea, how did you implement it. Also upload the source codes (all the project files) as a zip-file and debian package, which can be installed on Nokia N900 device.
- Do this before the presentation!