meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
XNACode Camp 2010
- Deadline for source package, report and brochure submission : 25th June 2010
- Upload your source package, report and brochure into the wiki.
- Source package: zip the project and Please do not include the executable binaries in the source package.
- Optional: if you have the game executables(.exe) for PC then you can upload to wiki separately but do not include in source package.
- If your source package is more than 50 mb and needs special permission for uploading to the wiki or in any other problems, please email me at email@example.com
- Please confirm your submission as soon as you upload your final report and brochure by sending a confirmation email.
What is XNA?
XNA is a Microsoft oriented programming platform for …
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Code Camp Schedule
Code Camp Week @ Location 6428 Windows Classroom
|10:15||Intro||Intro||10:00 Coding||10:00 Coding||10:00 Finalizing the Code|
|12:00||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||10:30 Demo Preparation|
|13:00||Intro||~14:00 Idea Presentation||Coding||Coding||Demo's (15)|
|18:00||Evening Program||Coding||Coding||Coding||Brain Reset|
|02:00||Coding||Coding||Deadline style Coding|
- Starting slide sets
- Evening Program, Starts 18:00
- Location: University Sauna (same building)
- Presentation and discussion about ideas
Wednesday .. coding ..
Thursday .. coding ..
- at the end, preparation of ..
- Coding, freeze the features and code them to demonstration state
- Presentation slides
Friday, presentation demonstrations
After Code Camp
- 1 page Brochyre (advertisement) of your software.
- 5 page (not more) description (like white paper) of your application.
- Fill Course feedback
- Finalization of your group wiki pages
- Deadline for these is XX
- 3 Person groups
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3|
|grp1||Galaxy Shooter||Yavor Ivelinov Ivanov||Joonas Aijala||Bishal Raj Karki|
|grp2||NinjaGame||Niko Kurvinen||Oskar Sonninen||Mikko Kaistinen|
|grp3||MadBoxing||Janne Parkkila||Rostislav Malevich||Tuomas Kaittola|
|grp4||Awesome Jungle||Antti Knutas||Li Aoke||Jifeng Xing|
|grp5||S-Fight||Matti Bragge||Anssi Salo|
Problems and Solutions
Please put your questions/programming problems here in this sections. We will try to solve it collaboratively. Teemu will also be reviewing/answering these questions remotely once a day.
After you put the questions here please do email me once at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 40%
- Demonstration: 15%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
Course feedback survey will be published here. All students are wished to answer to the questionnaire as it helps developing the course. Course queationnaire
Students may check what kind of learners they are by answering the questions in the following questionnaire
What are recommended skills for code camp ?
.NET basics from our previous code camp or otherwise
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have a exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
If you have questions about code camp send email to the organizers. email@example.com
XNA programming guide, class libraries, etc. XNA related: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb200104.aspx
Video tutorials from http://creators.xna.com/
2D Game Tutorial: http://creators.xna.com/en-US/education/gettingstarted/bg2d/chapter1
3D Game Tutorial (This is probably not the best kind of game to do during codecamp): http://creators.xna.com/en-US/education/gettingstarted/bg3d/chapter1
Action RPG Tutorial: http://mindcemetery.com/Articles/default.html
Also, check out XNA forums: http://forums.xna.com/forums/
creators.xna.com - xna creators club
codeplex.com - lots of open source
blogs.msdn.com/shawnhar-in-depth stuff about XNA
www. charlespetzold.com/phone - free book about WP7