meta data for this page
.NET Code Camp 2011
Code Camp Week: Week 4 Monday 24.1 - Friday 28.1 2011 Room no: ML 6428
.NET Basics: Thursday and Friday 20 - 21.1.2011 Room no: ML 6428
Microsoft Technology Tour: Friday 14.1.2011 Room no: 2310
CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering (4 cr)
News & Notes
- Please contact Bishal Raj Karki (email@example.com) for any questions or queries.
- Here is a sample report and brochure from last year: Sample Brochure and Report(CrySys)
- Imagine Cup Submission Deadline for software design (Finland Local Competetion) : 6 March 2011
- Please Add Prof. Jari Porras as your mentor while creating your Imagine Cup group and submitting your entry
- Please submit your entry through this link: TBA Hopefully every group submits their entry by the deadline
- Please submit your 1 page brochure and 5 page report in pdf file format
- Please check this link for more information on Finland local competetion Imagine Cup 2011-Software Design Category in Finland
- Deadline for Final report and poster submission: 18 February 2011
- Please return the final report and poster in pdf file format to email firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 February 2011.
- Please check for the course wiki after Final submissions for further imagine cup guidelines.
- Please do not forget to upload your code files(zip) into the wiki under your group pages.
- Report Submission Deadline(LUT): 11th of February (recommended few days before)
- Feedback Day: 11th February 2011 - Please get your time(30 mins) reserved on the wiki for the feedback day
- Friday 11.2.2011, a 5 page Software description and 1 page brochure for code camp result and for feedback for the imagine cup . Put your documents into group wiki area, if you can put your documents into wiki at 10.2.2010 it would be better for us to study it prior and prepare the feedback for each group. Else bring it along with you during the feedback. Please send the email conformation at email@example.com after putting your report on the wiki.
- Use the following link to register to the course events.
- Please, fill in the questionnaire concerning your learning styles as http://ct100020vir3.pc.lut.fi/learningstyles/
- Please DO NOT FORGET to register yourself to the microsoft tour through Microsofts web page.
- For Idea Day i.e. Microsoft Technology Tour day (14.01.2011) you should register through http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032438114&Culture=fi-FI
- Code complete and demo instructions.
How to participate in local sefifinals
- if you have not already, please start by going to the Imagine Cup site and registering at http://imaginecup.com/register. From there you need to go to the Software Design page and select “Compete”. This will point you to a page to form a team.
- Submit your idea before end of the day of March 6, 2011 to ImagineCup site (after forming your team) and also by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your entry should be described in maximum of five 5 pages document which describes the following:
- Problem Definition
- Technical Architecture
Idea Day/ Microsoft Technology Tour
- Start time on Friday 14.1.2011 at 9:00
|09:00||Educational resources, programs and tools available to educational institutions, teachers and students.|
|10:00||Overview of the business operated tools and techniques to user interface design and application development. Overview of instruments, project types (WCF / Data / EDM dynamic datapages, Silverlight, XNA, Office, etc), Silverlight / HTM5/IE9 cloud and programming in general.|
|12:45||Silverlight and Windows Phone Application|
|14:45||Web Application Development 2, Windows Phone Development with Silverlight and the Azure cloud environment …|
.NET Basics Day
Location : LUT ML6428
- Start time : (Thursday - Friday) (20 - 21).1.2011 at 8:15
|08:45||.NET Tutorial starts from Expert Tuomo Ketomäki|
Tuomo Ketomäki's Content (22.01.2010)
|Master Pages and navigation||Master Pages and Navigation(pdf)|
|User Controls||User Controls(pdf)|
|Data binding and LINQ to SQL||Data binding and LINQ to SQL (pdf)|
|Web Services||Web Services(pdf)|
Code Camp Week
Location 6428 Windows Classroom
- Start time on Monday 24.1.2011 at 10:15
|10:15||Intro & Idea Brainstorming||Coding||Coding||Coding||Code complete|
|13:00||Idea Complete & Design (Wiki Ready)||Coding||Coding||Coding||Demo|
|14:15||Short Idea Presentation & Feedback||Coding||Coding||Coding||Closing|
|17:00||Social event and sauna||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|02:00||Coding||Coding||Deadline style Coding||Feedback|
- Friday 11th of February: Tite library 6614
- 8.30-9.00 Add your group here to reserve the time
- 9.00-9.30 Group 5
- 9.30-10.00 Group 1
- 10.30-11.00 Group 4
- 12.00-12.30 Group 7
- 12.30-13.00 Group 6
- 13.00-13.30 Group 2
Wizard of UX
- All you need to do is to unzip this packet and double click WizardofUX.exe file. All .dll files must kept in the same directory with the exe file.
- Please remember to answer the small survey after you have used the Wizard of UX
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3||Name 4|
|LUT1||V4E||Igor Botyan||Camilo Cifuentes||Mihai Iusan|
|LUT2||Epic Watch||Nana Assyne||Nuh Mohamed||Sidhartha Yalavarthi||Udhyan Timilsina|
|LUT3||Greendel||Antti Knutas||Tommi Kähkönen||Harri Johansson|
|LUT4||Trust'NGO||Jose Maria Luna||Samuel Guirado||Daniel Lupiañez||Cesar Quijano|
|LUT5||SNC||Artem Anchugov||Saeedeh Mehrouzi||Naseer Ahmad|
|LUT6||Word Cards||Joona-Pekka Kokko||Tomi Kosonen||Konstantin Koskelainen||Jalamadugu Ravitheja|
|LUT7||Gallery||Qianting Liu||Tommi Zhihao Yu||Aoke Li|
|LUT8||Application Name||Student Name 1||Student Name 2||Student Name 3||Student Name 4|
|LUT9||Application Name||Student Name 1||Student Name 2||Student Name 3||Student Name 4|
Discuss coding etc. problems
- IRC : irc.freenode.net
- Forums ⇒ will be there soon!!
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 25%
- Presentation: 10%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
- Code camp report 20%
If you have questions about code camp send email to email@example.com.
Some basic Tutorials links: . C#.net:
- Link1: Visual C# .NET Programming
- Link2: C# Language Syntax
- Link3: Data types in C#
- Link4: Property in C# class
- Link7: C# Guided Tour
- Link1: ASP.NET tutorials
- Link3: ASP.NET Tutorial This is quite good but the backend script language used is VB. still you can get idea for c# as well..not much difference.
- Link6: ScottGu's Blog
- Link1: Ajax tutorials
Windows Phone 7 Programming:
- Link1: CSS Quick Tutorial
- Link2: CSS Structure and Rules
- Link3: CSS Properties
- Link4: Linking Style Sheets to HTML
- Link5: Displaying XML with CSS
- MS SQL:
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Enroll to course CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering in Noppa or http://www.webropol.com/P.aspx?id=509770&cid=148923921